Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chocolate Cupakes with Creamy Mint Frosting!


Easy chocolate cupcakes with delicious mint frosting! There are two flavor collisions that I just die for one being chocolate and peanut butter and the other chocolate and mint! I can never get enough of it! This is the first time I have attempted to make home made mint frosting so I whipped it up the easy way! The cupcakes were moist and I could not stop eating the frosting!

To start you will need to make a chocolate cake out of the box (chocolate or devils food). My secret is to add a box of chocolate pudding into the mix to make them moist!
 
While you mixing add 1/4 teaspoon of pure mint extract to add the hint of mint in the cupcake!

I bought these super cute cupcake liners the other day!



Place cupcake liners in pan



Use ice cream scoop to evenly fill each cup. Batter will be thick because of the pudding.

Bake as directed. Look how yummy they look! Remember to leave them in pan for 10 minutes than move to rack for cooling. While you wait you can start making the frosting. Soften 4 tbsp. of butter and mix with a cup of powder sugar. Add 2 tbsp. of milk and 1 more cup of powder sugar. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract and a couple drops of green dye for light mint green coloring.

Frost cupcakes! I think I would  use less green dye next time unless I am celebrating St. Patricks Day! These are chocolately and minty delicious! Enjoy.

Chocolate Cupcakes:

1 box of chocolate cake mix

1/4 teaspoon of Mint extract

1 box of instant chocolate pudding


Mint Frosting:

2 cups powder sugar

4 tbsp. soften butter

2 tbsp. milk

1/2 tsp. Mint extract

Couple drops of green dye

0 comments:

Post a Comment