Monday, May 17, 2010

Colorful Cupcakes- Fun and Flirty!



These cupcakes were so girly and cute! The best part is how easy they were to make! I have seen this technique done before on several websites so I was excited to try them on my own! The best part is that every cupcake is unique! You never know what type of pattern you will see when you bite into them! I baked these for a Mother's Day gift but I could see these being a great dessert for a baby shower or a little girls birthday party! All that is missing is some sprinkles!

For this recipe you will first need a white cake mix in a box.
Make as directed



Separate batter equally into three containers. If you want the cupcakes to be more of one color than put more batter in one container.



Pick two colors to dye the batter. I love Betty Crocker Neon gel colors because there bright and easy to work with! You may also separate the batter into more containers if you want to do more colors!

Place cupcake liners in pan

Mix in colors. I kept one container plain because I wanted white in my mix!

Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners in a pattern or you can layer randomly. I love the colors swirled together here!

Bake as directed on the box. Look at the colorful cupcakes rising! While they bake you can start the frosting. I used the same cream cheese frosting for my Lemon Cupcakes but instead of lemon juice I used vanilla extract. Then I dyed it beautiful purple! Remember to wait for the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting!

Take a bite and enjoy the art! Each cupcake is unique!

24 fun and flirty cupcakes ready to be devoured!

I liked to leave a little room around the cupcake so you could see the swirl of colors.

They are so pretty and the best to come is when you take a bite! Enjoy!

Colorful Cupcakes

1 box of white cake mix

Food coloring

Cupcake liners

Frosting:

2 tbsp. Butter

1/2 package powder sugar

2 tablespoons vanilla extract

half package of cream cheese

Mix until you reach desired consistency

0 comments:

Post a Comment