Monday, April 19, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!

From Kraft recipes.



My mother in law made these last year and I loved them. I am usually all about making everything from scartch but this recipe is a win for coming from a box! I did tweak it a little bit and it was AMAZING!




1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix

1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding

1 cup water

4 egg whites

2 Tbsp. oil

1 teaspoon of lemon zest (I love the extra kick it gives but this is optional)

Heat ovent to 350 degrees

Beat  first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer on low speed until moistened. (Batter will be thick.)



 Beat on medium speed 2 min


Then I used an ice cream scoop to fill the lined muffin cups. I learned quickly that you must fill generously! About  2 ice cream scoops worth!


Bake 21-24 minutes or until your toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
While they baked I took a medium sized lemon from the store and washed it in warm water and dried with a paper towel. Then I took a grater (zester would have worked better) and grated the yellow part of the lemon into the bowl. Avoid grating the white part. I used this as garnish and a bit in the frosting iteslf. This also can go in the cake mix where I put optional.

Beautiful and Golden! Let cool in pan for 10 minutes

Then move cupcakes to a rack to cool COMPLETELY!



Cream Cheese Frosting: ( This is my version. I halved the recipe because it makes a TON. I also added way more lemon juice so if you are no a huge lemon fan  it would be only 1 Tbsp.).

½ pkg. (4 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. Butter
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
½ pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Beat cream cheese, butter and juice with mixer until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Blend 1 tsp. lemon zest into frosting before spreading onto cupcakes. Spread onto cupcakes and garnish with lemon zest.



Delicious and moist lemon cupcakes on my new cake stand I made!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment